This policy explains who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your privacy rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us in the event you have a complaint.
This policy was updated on the 4th March 2022.
1. Who we are?
Kingstown Associates Limited (Company No. 06742414), trading as Healthy Living Direct, Fashion Friendly, Garden Ability, Housewares Direct, All the Very Best, Affordable Choices and Craft and Hobby, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation, and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
Like many retailers, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- names of persons placing orders, delivery address, financial data including how you pay for goods, order history, things you like to buy and details of competitions you may have entered (or won) which have been run by us.
3. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- supply you with any goods which you have ordered from us
- manage your account with us
- run any competitions or promotions which we (or our trusted retail partners) think may be of interest to you
- communicate with you about offers or promotions which we run from time to time
- keep you up to date with the goods which we offer from time to time,
- we may occasionally contact you for the purposes of telemarketing, i.e., to telephone you to discuss any feedback, market research and/or sales of products that may be of interest based on your order history.
- let you know about goods offered by our trusted retailer partners (By trusted partners, we mean companies operating in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, charities, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories)
- Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer, so that you have exclusive access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers by us, and trusted retail partners are as relevant to you as possible
- If you would like to stop all unsolicited postal communications, we suggest that you register with the Mailing Preference Service (MPS). MPS is a free service set up in 1983 and funded by the direct mail industry to enable consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the industry. It is actively supported by the Royal Mail and all directly involved trade associations and fully supported by The Information Commissioners Office (ICO). For more information or if you wish to register with the MPS please visit their website mpsonline.org.uk
- If you would like to stop us from contacting you with telemarketing offers, please contact us, see Point 12 below for ways to do this. If you would like to stop all unsolicited telephone communications, we suggest that you register with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS). TPS is a free service. For more information or if you wish to register with the TPS please visit their website tpsonline.org.uk
4. Who we share your personal information with?
There are some circumstances where we may share your personal data including name, address and email address with others. We do this when it is necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests of upholding customer service and better understanding of our customer base, by keeping customers informed of offers and promotions that we believe our customers may be interested in.
On this basis, your personal information may be shared with:
- Companies who provide services to you on our behalf, like delivery companies.
- Yodel Ltd, They process name and address only to enable them to despatch the goods you ordered directly to you and contact you should there be a delivery query.
- Mail & Marketing Services Ltd:They process name, address and mailing preference details only to enable them to mail out our postal communications (catalogues) on our behalf through Royal Mail and any other recognised mail carrier.
- Dot Digital Group PLC:They process name, address and email address. This allows them to tell us when you amend your email preferences and allows us to action any change quickly and efficiently.
- Our other affiliated brands, Healthy Living Direct, Fashion Friendly, Garden Ability, Housewares Direct, All the Very Best, Affordable Choices and Craft and Hobby.
- Research companies, such as FeeFo, whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services.
- Your personal data may be shared with Experian Ltd for the purposes of managing a service called Club Canvasse, a home shopping and direct retailer data co-operative of which Kingstown Associates Limited are members. By sharing information on what customers buy and pooling that with contributions from other members of the co-operative, the service allows Kingstown Associates Limited to better understand our customers and to communicate with you more effectively. Please note, your personal information is not shared with any of the other members of the co-operative, and only aggregated data on the number and value of purchases is provided to members e.g., we will receive a report which states how many customers who have bought from us in the last 0-12mths, and who have also bought from other members of the co-operative in the last 0-12mths, or the last 24mths, last 36mths etc. To understand more please click through to Experian’s website to understand more about their marketing services
We may also share postal data using Legitimate Interest as our legal basis for processing (i.e., name & address only) with other trusted organisations in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, home interiors, UK charities and financial services (i.e., planning for your future). If data is shared it is done so on a one time only basis and the company or organisation are not entitled to store your data for further use unless you engage with them.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
5. Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your name, address, delivery address and how you pay for goods payment is required from you to enable us to fulfil any orders you place with us and manage our database. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us
6. Our legal basis for processing your data
- We rely on legitimate interests and contract of sale as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the ability to manage your account, orders you have placed with us, pass your data to our partners for marketing goods which may be of interest to you and to notify you of promotions, goods, or competitions which may be of interest to you.
7. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include:
- Your right to ask us to correct any mistakes or update your personal information.
- Your right to request the removal of personal information we hold on you. In certain circumstances you can ask for the information we hold on you to be deleted, should there be a legal or contractual obligation to hold your personal details we may not be able to carry out your request, however, we will explain this fully to you.
- Your right to object to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. These include where processing is based upon our legitimate interest and where we process your personal information or undertake profiling for direct marketing purposes.
- Your right to data portability, you have this right if we process your personal information by automated means and processing is based upon consent or performance of a contract. Note that the information you can access under the right to data portability is different from the right of access.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us and let us have enough information to identify you including your name and address,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email communications from us you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 7 days for this to take place.
8. Keeping your personal information secure
Your personal information is stored securely on UK servers. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Opting out from email, trusted partners and catalogues
If you wish to opt out from receiving email, telephone and postal communications from us or if you do not want us to share your Personal Data with any of our trusted partners then please use one of the methods listed below. You may choose to opt out at any time at your choosing and you can equally choose to change your mind and opt back in on any one of the preferences we present to you.
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to offer you the best possible experience when you shop with us. You can update your preferences via one of the following:
- Send an email titled 'opt out' to email@example.com let us know which service you'd like to unsubscribe from - choose from catalogue, email and/or trusted partner sharing. Please include your name and address and customer number if possible.
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email we send.
- Ticking the relevant box located at the bottom of the order form you've received from us and then send the order form back to us
- Call our enquiries team on 01377 249889 – from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
- Write a letter detailing your request and which activity you wish to opt out from to: Data Protection Officer, Kingstown associates, Kelleythorpe Industrial estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ.
Should you wish to correct any information or preference we currently have for you then you can use any of the relevant procedures as listed above to update us with your information or preferences at any time.
10. How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you wish to contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to Data Controller, Healthy Living Direct, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ or call 01377 249889.
If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which you can contact on 0303 123 1113 or via their website at ico.org.uk.
11. Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 24/05/2018 and last updated on 20/01/2022.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do, we will inform by replacing the notice on our website.
12. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information, we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, write to Data Controller, Healthy Living Direct, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ or call 01377 249889.
13. How long we keep your data for
As a retailer, we are fortunate to have loyal customers who purchase our products over many years. To serve our customers in the best possible manner and to continue to inform them about new products and services we have decided to retain customer data for 10 years after the last purchase date.
14. Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
Third Party Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
- These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These cookies are placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
- The only time these cookies would enable us to share personal information such as your name, address, telephone or email is when you have given consent for your personal information to be passed on to trusted third parties.
- Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please call on 01377 249889, write to us at Kingstown Associates Ltd, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We currently use third party targeting cookies or advertising cookies provided by the following advertising partners.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.